On September 12, Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) Fisheries Program Director Chris Horton will testify before the Senate Commerce Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard on the reauthorization of the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act (MSA).
The Committee hearing, which is scheduled for 2:30 pm EST, will include a panel of recreational angler representatives, including Horton, Phil Faulkner, President of Nautic Star Boats, and Jim Donofrio, Executive Director of the Recreational Fishing Alliance. Panelists will talk about the successes and challenges of MSA from both the angling and boating community.
Share this page
Your opinion counts
Which of the following options represents the biggest obstacle to your participation in more fishing activities?Vote Here
- Lack of access (18.97%)
- Expenses (equipment and licenses/stamps/fees) (17.24%)
- Burdensome or confusing regulations (10.34%)
- Overcrowded fishing locations (5.17%)
- Poor fishing experience due to low fish populations or small fish (17.24%)
- Conflicts with other users (e.g. boaters) (3.45%)
- Lack of time (27.59%)