Recently, Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC) Co-Chair, Representative Robert Latta (R-OH) introduced H.R. 3590, the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act. Co-sponsored by CSC Co-Chair, Representative Bennie Thompson (D-MS) and Vice-Chairs, Representatives Rob Wittman (R-VA) and Tim Walz (D-MN), this bipartisan pro-sportsmen’s legislative package includes eight provisions, including the Recreational Fishing and Hunting Heritage Opportunities Act, the Permanent Electronic Duck Stamp Act, and the establishment of a Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council Advisory Committee.
The SHARE Act addresses some of the most current concerns of American hunters, recreational anglers and shooters and trappers. Considered to be one of the most important pieces of pro-sportsmen’s legislation in a decade, the passage of the SHARE Act would be a legislative milestone for the sportsmen’s community.
CSC leaders sent a Dear Colleague letter on December 3, urging support for H.R. 3590. To view the letter, click here.
Share this page
Your opinion counts
For the 80th Anniversary of the American System of Conservation Funding, in which way are you willing to increase your contribution to the future of America’s fish and wildlife conservation?Vote Here
- Supporting increased federal or state excise taxes on sporting goods (27.27%)
- Supporting increases in the costs of hunting and fishing licenses (16.88%)
- Purchasing additional shooting, hunting, or fishing equipment (11.69%)
- Purchasing conservation oriented license plates (5.19%)
- Purchasing either species-specific or general habitat stamps (9.09%)
- Introducing additional participants to recreational shooting, hunting, and/or fishing (29.87%)