On August 2, staff from the offices of Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC) Members joined others from the sportsmen’s community at the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation’s (CSF) annual August Recess Shoot-Out for a trap, skeet, and sporting clays competition.
CSF President Jeff Crane welcomed more than 200 attendees, and praised CSC staffers for their work on behalf of sportsmen and women across the country. “The Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus is the largest bipartisan caucus on Capitol Hill, and because of this collective voice, the traditions of sportsmen and women are protected and advanced,” said Crane.
CSF Board of Directors Vice-Chairman Paul Miller thanked CSC staff for their support on behalf of the sportsmen’s community. “Sportsmen’s traditions are an economic engine in the United States with sportsmen and women contributing $90 billion annually on their pursuits,” said Miller. “Advancing policies that ensure future hunting and angling opportunities are crucial to our sporting heritage.”
At the conclusion of the competition, awards for top scores in trap, skeet, and sporting clays were announced:
- Top Gun: Dan Wrinn (Ducks Unlimited)
- Top Gun Female: Stephanie Gadbois (House Judiciary Committee)
- Top Gun Republican: Drew Kent (Office of Rep. Charles Dent)
- Top Gun Democrat: Luke Theriot (Office of Rep. Filemon Vela)
- Top Skeet: Chuck Cunningham (Securing America’s Future Energy)
- Top Trap: Patrick Rothwell (National Shooting Sports Foundation)
- Top Sporting Clays: Chris Gullott (CSF Board of Directors, Bridgestone Americas, Inc.)
- Top Beginners: Giulia Giannangeli (House Energy and Commerce Committee), Janae Cardinali (Office of Rep. Stephen Fincher), Oren Adaki (House Committee on Foreign Affairs)
Title Sponsors included: Cabela’s Outdoor Fund, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Hess Corporation, ITC Holdings, National Shooting Sports Foundation, SilencerCo, LLC, and Vista Outdoor Inc. Host Sponsors included: Anheuser Busch Companies, Bass Pro Shops, Ducks Unlimited, Federal Forest Resources Coalition, IceMiller Strategies, LLC, National Rifle Association, Natural Resource Results, LLC, Oracle, Plano Synergy, Richard Childress Racing, Safari Club International, Shimano American Corporation, Washington Metro Chapter of Safari Club International, and Winchester Ammunition.
Share this page
Your opinion counts
Which of the following options represents the biggest obstacle to your participation in more fishing activities?Vote Here
- Lack of access (0.00%)
- Expenses (equipment and licenses/stamps/fees) (0.00%)
- Burdensome or confusing regulations (0.00%)
- Overcrowded fishing locations (0.00%)
- Poor fishing experience due to low fish populations or small fish (0.00%)
- Conflicts with other users (e.g. boaters) (0.00%)
- Lack of time (0.00%)