In the states, the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation States Program Team works with pro-sportsmen elected leaders through the collaboration of the individual sportsmen’s caucuses that make up the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses and governors who are part of the Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus.
Download a PDF of the full list of our Issue Briefs.
To quickly locate an Issue Brief on a particular topic, and to see what bills have been introduced on the subject recently, please use the "Select a Category" drop-down box located on the right of your screen.
Participation in recreational fishing has plateaued since its peak in the late 1980’s.… Read More
The primary model for marine fisheries management in federal waters was developed around… Read More
Misinformation on our hunting and angling traditions directed to impressionable students… Read More
In most cases, state fish and wildlife agencies are the entities best equipped to address… Read More
The Firearms Industry Nondiscrimination (FIND) Act provides that it shall be an unlawful… Read More
Recreational shooting has a major impact on the nation’s economy and affects millions of… Read More
Participation in hunting has been generally declining since the 1980’s. Hunting license… Read More
National Hunting and Fishing Day celebrates the time-honored traditions of hunting and… Read More
The practice of farming cervids (members of the deer family such as whitetail deer and elk)… Read More
Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) is a progressive, fatal, degenerative neurological disease… Read More
Your opinion counts
Without researching further, please rate your level of knowledge on the American System of Conservation Funding. (Learn more after answering the poll)Vote Here
- I fully understand the intricacies of the funding and apportionment mechanisms (25.00%)
- I understand the interplay between license fees and the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program (31.25%)
- I have a basic knowledge of which items are taxed through the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program (25.00%)
- I understand that sportsmen and women provide funds for state fish & wildlife agencies (9.38%)
- What is the American System of Conservation Funding? (9.38%)