The Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation works at both the federal and state level on numerous policy issues affecting sportsmen and women. The Federal Policy section details many of the issues that CSF works on on Capitol Hill, while the State Policy section discusses many of the issues that CSF focuses on in state capitols throughout the nation. The final section, Related State Legislation, provides a list of high-priority sportsmen-related bills that have been introduced at the state level.
FederalAt the federal level, CSF works with the members of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus to protect and advance the interests of sportsmen through legislation that addresses sportsmen’s conservation issues such as hunting, angling, recreational shooting and trapping.
StateIn the states, the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation States Program Team works with pro-sportsmen elected leaders through the collaboration of the individual sportsmen’s caucuses that make up the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses and governors who are part of the Governor’s Sportsmen’s Caucus.
Related State LegislationView a full list of legislation relevant to CSF on the issues important to America's sportsmen and women.
Your opinion counts
What do you support as a means to either complement or enhance the funding state fish and wildlife agencies receive through the American System of Conservation Funding? (To learn more about the options below, visit CSF's issue briefs)Vote Here
- Increase the price of hunting and fishing licenses, tags, permits or stamps (9.72%)
- Create new species-specific stamps (e.g. trout stamp) (4.17%)
- Implement a conservation stamp for non-consumptive users (e.g. hikers, bikers, birdwatchers, etc.) that use state-owned lands (31.94%)
- Adopt a Conservation Sales Tax at the state level on all taxable goods, with the funds allocated for conservation projects (13.89%)
- Adopt a Dedicated Sales Tax on Outdoor Goods (a state-level tax on outdoor goods similar to the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Programs) (20.83%)
- The creation of non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds for state wildlife agencies (19.44%)