Elected in 2012, Senator Jason Holsman currently represents District 7 in the Missouri State Senate. Prior to his time in the State Senate, he served three terms in the Missouri House of Representatives. As a dedicated sportsman, Senator Holsman joined the Missouri Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus in 2008 while a member of the House of Representatives to promote and protect the state’s time-honored sporting heritage in the legislature.
Senator Holsman was born in Kansas City, Missouri and grew up an avid angler, fishing in the many scenic rivers across the state. Today, Senator Holsman carries that passion for the outdoors with him to the State Capitol, where he continually has championed pro-sportsmen’s legislation.
The Show Me State is home to over 1.2 million hunters and anglers who annually contribute $1.67 million annually and support nearly 29,000 jobs statewide.
Your opinion counts
For the 80th Anniversary of the American System of Conservation Funding, in which way are you willing to increase your contribution to the future of America’s fish and wildlife conservation?Vote Here
- Supporting increased federal or state excise taxes on sporting goods (27.27%)
- Supporting increases in the costs of hunting and fishing licenses (9.09%)
- Purchasing additional shooting, hunting, or fishing equipment (27.27%)
- Purchasing conservation oriented license plates (9.09%)
- Purchasing either species-specific or general habitat stamps (0.00%)
- Introducing additional participants to recreational shooting, hunting, and/or fishing (27.27%)