U.S. Senator Jim Risch has been an active member of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus since he was sworn-in to the Senate in 2009, serving as Vice-Chair in both the 112th and 113th Congress.
“It is an incredible honor to serve as Co-Chair of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus,” said Risch. “Like so many other Idahoans, I enjoy hunting, fishing, and shooting sports and value the strong principles associated with them.”
Risch has enjoyed hunting and fishing all of his life and enjoys passing these traditions and values on to his sons and grandchildren.
Sen. Risch elk hunting
CSC Co-Chairs Sen. Manchin and Sen. Risch at the Congressional Shoot-Out
Your opinion counts
Which of the following options represents the biggest obstacle to your participation in more fishing activities?Vote Here
- Lack of access (20.34%)
- Expenses (equipment and licenses/stamps/fees) (14.41%)
- Burdensome or confusing regulations (11.86%)
- Overcrowded fishing locations (5.08%)
- Poor fishing experience due to low fish populations or small fish (17.80%)
- Conflicts with other users (e.g. boaters) (2.54%)
- Lack of time (27.97%)