Congressman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin is an avid outdoorsman and participant in the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC), serving as its Co-Chair from 2007 to 2011.
He has represented Wisconsin’s First Congressional District since 1999 and throughout his career, has demonstrated a passion for sportsmen’s issues. When he was selected as the GOP’s 2012 Vice-Presidential nominee, his Secret Service codename was Bowhunter. He frequents Hunt-n-Gear in his hometown of Janesville, Wisconsin, and is an avid reader of QDMA’s Quality Whitetails magazine. Congressman Ryan learned to love the outdoors when he was young, and he works to pass that appreciation on to his own children.
“As a lifelong hunter, outdoorsman, and conservationist, I am proud to be a member of the CSC. The values of sportsmen and women have been a focus throughout my career and I will continue to support the policies, traditions, and rights outdoorsmen, Wisconsinites and Americans across the nation enjoy.”
Congressman Ryan lives in Janesville, Wisconsin with his wife Janna and three children. Ryan currently serves as Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee. He is committed to the sporting tradition, and will work to ensure that our laws protect our wildlife, hunting, and fishing opportunities for years to come.
Congressman Ryan wins "Top Skeet" at CSF's 2014 Congressional Shoot-Out
Your opinion counts
For the 80th Anniversary of the American System of Conservation Funding, in which way are you willing to increase your contribution to the future of America’s fish and wildlife conservation?Vote Here
- Supporting increased federal or state excise taxes on sporting goods (27.27%)
- Supporting increases in the costs of hunting and fishing licenses (16.88%)
- Purchasing additional shooting, hunting, or fishing equipment (11.69%)
- Purchasing conservation oriented license plates (5.19%)
- Purchasing either species-specific or general habitat stamps (9.09%)
- Introducing additional participants to recreational shooting, hunting, and/or fishing (29.87%)