Congressman Glenn Grothman from Wisconsin understands the importance of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus and joined as a member when he was elected as a freshman to the 114th Congress.
Wisconsin is known for its musky fishing, and abundant waterfowl and deer hunting opportunities, and Congressman Grothman will work hard to ensure that Wisconsin’s rich heritage of sportsman’s activities will be protected.
During his time at the Wisconsin State Legislature, Congressman Grothman supported a number of bills that ensured Wisconsin sportsmen could enjoy the outdoors. As a state Senator, Congressman Grothman sponsored and worked to pass a bill that expanded provisions for sport shooting ranges and co-sponsored a bill that would allow Class A bear licenses to be transferred to someone who has been awarded a Purple Heart or is currently serving on active duty.
“The great outdoors offers an array of sporting activities that we have the privilege to enjoy. Wisconsin in particular has a rich tradition of proud sportsmen. As a member of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus for the 114th Congress, I will protect the rights of all sportsmen and support the great heritage that many pass down to their children and grandchildren.”
Your opinion counts
What do you support as a means to either complement or enhance the funding state fish and wildlife agencies receive through the American System of Conservation Funding? (To learn more about the options below, visit CSF's issue briefs)Vote Here
- Increase the price of hunting and fishing licenses, tags, permits or stamps (8.97%)
- Create new species-specific stamps (e.g. trout stamp) (3.85%)
- Implement a conservation stamp for non-consumptive users (e.g. hikers, bikers, birdwatchers, etc.) that use state-owned lands (30.77%)
- Adopt a Conservation Sales Tax at the state level on all taxable goods, with the funds allocated for conservation projects (15.38%)
- Adopt a Dedicated Sales Tax on Outdoor Goods (a state-level tax on outdoor goods similar to the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Programs) (23.08%)
- The creation of non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds for state wildlife agencies (17.95%)