Growing up in Central Maine, Congressman Bruce Poliquin has long understood the importance and tradition of fishing, hunting, camping, snowmobiling and exercising our Second Amendment rights. He still use his .22 long lever action Marlin rifle that he purchased at 14 years old.
When Congressman Poliquin was sworn in to Congress, he took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. To that end, he has supported and cosponsored several bills that will help protect our right to keep and bear arms. He strongly believes that Maine sportsmen should be able to exercise their rights to fishing, hunting, camping and snowmobiling.
“I will continue to protect our special way of life in Maine by defending our freedoms and liberties. In Congress, I will continue to support bills that will help protect our rich tradition,” said Congressman Poliquin.
Your opinion counts
For the 80th Anniversary of the American System of Conservation Funding, in which way are you willing to increase your contribution to the future of America’s fish and wildlife conservation?Vote Here
- Supporting increased federal or state excise taxes on sporting goods (30.77%)
- Supporting increases in the costs of hunting and fishing licenses (7.69%)
- Purchasing additional shooting, hunting, or fishing equipment (23.08%)
- Purchasing conservation oriented license plates (7.69%)
- Purchasing either species-specific or general habitat stamps (0.00%)
- Introducing additional participants to recreational shooting, hunting, and/or fishing (30.77%)